Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions We have done everything possible to make this site user-friendly, informative and secure. If you would like to know more about our responsibilities and yours, please read the information below. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please do not use this site.
This website and associated documents and the information they contain are intended only as a general guide. They are not intended to replace the services of experienced specialists where these services are warranted by specific circumstances. The information presented is compiled for the purposes stated in this web site and the documents, and with the understanding that each user accepts full responsibility for the use and application of the website and documents and the information they contain.
We have exercised reasonable skill, care and diligence to assess the information acquired during the preparation of this website and the associated documents; however, we make no guarantee or warranties as to the accuracy or completeness of this information, make no representation as to the appropriateness of the use of this website or documents in any particular situation, and do not accept any liability for loss, injury, or damage that may be suffered by any person or entity as a result of the use of this web site or associated documents.
It is important to note that legislation, regulatory requirements, best practices and other factors which influence the design and operation of water systems vary from one jurisdiction to another. Always check with local regulatory authorities before implementing changes to the design or operation of water supply systems.
1. Information Content
· This website displays information about water systems. It is of interest to owners, managers, operators, customers, suppliers and regulators of water supply systems, and others.
· Much of this information is supplied to us by third party providers (“Service Provider”). We have taken reasonable care to ensure it is correct and up to date; however we cannot check the accuracy of such information.
· The services, products and technology which are mentioned or referenced on this site are provided by independent suppliers. Those suppliers provide these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the supplier’s liability to you.
· We accept no responsibility for information supplied to us by third parties. We recommend you confirm all information contained on or linked from our website with the third party provider.
· The details of the prices and other information that may be displayed on the website are subject to change without notice. The products and services described on the website are subject to availability.
· All monies received by us from you in respect of services are received by us as the Agent of the Service Provider. If for any reason, any Service Provider is unable to provide the services for which you have contracted, your remedy lies against that Service Provider, and not against us. In the event we received payment by Credit Card, you agree that you will not seek to chargeback or recover your payment or any other losses from us.
· You are responsible for providing full information about your water system and other matters directly to the service provider. In some cases we guide you in the provision of initial information but it is your responsibility to pass on all information required by the service provider, directly to the service provider.
The services, products and technology referenced on this website are provided by independent suppliers (“Service Provider”). These Service Providers have their own terms and conditions. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the Service Provider(s)’ liability to you.
3. Intellectual Property
· This website, the software, design, text and graphics comprised in this website and the selection and layout of this website, are owned or licensed by us and are protected by Canadian and international intellectual property laws.
· You may view and electronically copy the pages of this website in the usual operation of your web browser in visiting this site, but for no other purpose. Any other use of the material contained on this website, such as copying, distributing, selling, modifying, transmitting, reusing, re-posting or publishing is strictly prohibited, without our specific written permission. Unauthorised use of materials from our site will not only breach this agreement, but may violate copyright and other laws.
· Certain trademarks, service marks, business names, company names, logos, trade names used on this site are owned by us or our licensors. You do not have any right or license to use them.
We may link our site to other sites on the Web. These links are provided for your convenience only. It does not mean that we have looked at these sites or that we check them out. We are not responsible for the content of other websites, even if we link to them. We are not recommending these websites or their products or services to you. If you suffer any loss or damage from visiting another's website or using another's product or service, we are not liable.
5. Measurement of Usage
6. Your Privacy
· Subject to other clauses of this document, we will not disclose personal information about you (such as your name, contact details, browsing habits) which is provided by you or via your browser, without your permission unless we are required or need to do so to comply with your request or instructions.
· We and our third party providers of products and services may disclose information about your system to others where directly connected with an enquiry to service providers.
· We may disclose aggregated information about users and use statistics relating to our website and aggregated information about our sales and trading patterns to others.
· You can use this website to communicate with us. This website also includes other ways to communicate with us. It is our policy not to accept information that is confidential or proprietary.
8. Your Use
· You must use this site in a responsible and co-operative manner.
· You must not:
make any fraudulent, speculative or false enquiries or requests using this website;
use another's name, ID or password without permission;
use the website while impersonating another person;
post or transmit to or via the website any unlawful, threatening, defamatory, libelous, obscene, indecent, inflammatory or pornographic material or any material that could give rise to civil or criminal proceedings;
tamper with, hinder the operation of or make unauthorised modifications to the website;
delete data from the website without our permission;
knowingly transmit any virus or other disabling feature to the website;
breach any third party's rights (including intellectual property rights and obligations of confidentiality owed to third parties) or infringe any laws in using this website;
frame this website as part of another site or cache this website for commercial benefit;
attempt to do any of the above acts;
knowingly permit another person to do any of the above acts.
9. Your Warranties
You warrant that:
· you are of sufficient legal age to use this site and create legal binding obligations for any liability you may incur as a result of using this site;
· you are responsible (financially and otherwise) for all uses of this site by you and those using this site using your ID and password;
· the information you supply via the website will be accurate and not misleading, deceptive or likely to be mislead or deceive.
· you agree to supervise all usage of this Web Site by minors under your name or account.
You indemnify us and our officers, employees and agents against all losses, costs, damages, claims and expenses arising from:
· any breach of these Site Rules by you;
· any act or omission by you or an officer, employee or agent of you;
· any claim, action, demand or proceeding by a third party against us or our directors, officers, employees or agents caused or contributed to by you or an officer, employee or agent of you.
· WE DO NOT WARRANT OR REPRESENT THAT THE CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS ACCURATE, UP-TO-DATE OR COMPLETE, NOR THAT IT DOES NOT INFRINGE THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS. WE ARE PROVIDING THIS WEBSITE AND ITS CONTENTS ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENTS OR ANY OF THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES SUPPLIED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES THAT THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES REFERENCED OFFERED OR SUPPLIED THROUGH THIS WEBSITE WILL BE OF MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, FIT FOR ANY PURPOSE OR WILL COMPLY WITH ANY DESCRIPTIONS ON THIS WEBSITE OR SAMPLES.
· We do not represent or warrant that this website, the server that makes it available or any of our products or services supplied through this website will be free of errors, viruses or defects. Your access and use of this website is subject to factors beyond our control. We do not warrant that this website or the products and services offered via this website will meet your requirements or that the service will be uninterrupted or timely. We will use our best endevours to make this website secure and have implemented technology for this purpose. However, because of the nature of the internet, we do not warrant that this website will be secure.
· The products and services offered and promoted via this website are products and services of third parties. Our role is to facilitate your access to these products and services, including in some cases receiving payments. We are acting as agent for the third party providers. Your legal relationship in respect of the third party products and services is with the third party provider.
· TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, YOU RELEASE US FROM ALL LIABILITY, COST, DAMAGES, CLAIMS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE WHETHER IN NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING OUT OF THE SUPPLY OR FAILURE TO SUPPLY OR USE OR NON-USE OF THE THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
· We provide you with free access to our website. To the maximum extent permitted by law, neither we nor any of our directors, officers, employees, shareholders or other representatives will be liable in damages or otherwise in connection with your use of or inability to access this website or the purchase and use of any products and services supplied via or referenced by this website. This limitation of liability applies to all damages of any kind, including compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property, personal injury and claims of third parties. In the event that our website fails to operate or causes you loss or damage, your sole remedy is the refund any money that you paid to us to use this website.
· If any warranties are implied by law that cannot be excluded, then our liability for breach of such warranties is limited to, at our option:
· in the case of products:
the replacement of the products or the supply of equivalent products;
the payment of the cost of replacing the products or acquiring equivalent products;
· in the case of services:
· the supply of the services again;
· the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
12. Governing Law
· You irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of British Columbia, Canada, and waive any right that you may have to object to an action being brought in those courts.
· To the maximum extent permitted by law, this agreement is governed by the laws of British Columbia, Canada. You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue courts in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of this Web Site
13. Our Relationship
· No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchisor-franchisee relationship is intended to be created between you and us by these Site Rules.
· Headings are for reference purposes only.
· If we do not act in relation to a breach by you or others of these Site Rules, this does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches.
· No employee, agent or representative of the Society has the authority to modify, waive, or alter any provision of these terms and conditions.
In this Agreement, the term "website" includes any email bulletins, newsletters or other content that we provide to you via or initiated from this website, or associated with this website.
In instances where we receive money from you the Sustainable Infrastructure Society (“SIS”) acts as an agent only. The services and products referred to on this website are provided by independent suppliers ("Service Providers"). Any payment to us, as the Agent of the Service Provider, contracts you to the terms and conditions of the Service Provider, otherwise offer can be withdrawn at our discretion
· If for any reason, any Service Provider is unable to provide the services or products for which you have contracted, your remedy lies against the Service Provider, and not against us.
· We do not represent that any products or services will be suitable for you and we do not accept legal liability or responsibility for any services of a Service Provider that does not meet your expectations.
· We rely on the information that is provided by the Service Providers to assist you to make an informed decision, but we cannot guarantee the accuracy in respect thereof.
· It is recommended that you familiarize yourself with the products and services and the terms and conditions of the Service Providers by referring to their brochures or websites or by making direct enquiry of them.